Boulder 2108 is part of the 2100 Series and is Boulder’s reference level phono preamplifier. The 2100 Series is Boulder’s highest-performing product line in continuous production.
The 2108 features several advancements over the previous generation 2000-level phono preamplifier, including the use of better ground paths and planes, revised circuit topology, and lowering of the static noise floor. Increased use of surface-mount PCB technology, manufactured on Boulder’s own SMD manufacturing machines and ovens has also yielded improvements.
In addition to the standard RIAA EQ curve, Boulder 2108 features three additional curves selectable via a front panel button: FFRR, Columbia, and EMI. These equalisation curves enable correct and accurate playback of LP records made prior to 1954. All audio electronics and control functions are contained within a machined aluminium chassis and all power supply and standby circuitry is housed in separate casework. The 2108 uses Boulder’s own 995 gain stage, has an MC Cartridge Demagnetizer Pass-through and a fully Balanced, Dual Mono Construction. It has three Inputs and two outputs.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Boulder 2108 is shipping and available right now. The suggested US retail price for the 2108 Phono Preamplifier is $52,000. We have yet to get confirmed UK pricing.
Export retail pricing will vary by country due to applicable taxes and duties.
- Balanced Inputs 3 x 3-pin XLR
- Balanced Outputs 2 x 3-pin XLR
- Input Impedance MC: maximum 1000 Ohms, MM: 47kOhms.
- Output Impedance 100 Ohms Balanced
- Phono Equalization RIAA, Columbia, EMI, FFRR (London/Decca)
- Maximum Output Level 28 Vrms
- Distortion, THD 0.005%
- 1 kHz Gain, RIAA MC: 70 or 60 dB, MM: 50 or 40 dB
- Noise (EIN), MC 160 μV A-wtd, 275 μV flat, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response, 20 Hz to 20 kHz RIAA: ±0.10 dB
- Crosstalk, L to R or R to L -100 dB or better, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Power Requirements 90-120V / 200-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption 75W Max
WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS
2108 Phono Preamplifier
- Dimensions: 18-inches x15.3-inches x 5.75-inches/ 45.7 cm x 38.9 cm x 14.6 cm (WxDxH).
- Weight 16.8 kg / 37 lbs.
2100 Power Supply
- Dimensions: 118-inches x15.3-inches x 5.75-inches/ 45.7 cm x 38.9 cm x 14.6 cm (WxDxH).
- Weight: 48 lbs/ 21.8 kg.