Tannoy’s Platinum range of floorstanding and standmount/bookshelf speakers look to be gunning for the ‘performance-per-pound’ bracket.
That said, the B6 bookshelf speakers and F6 floorstanders certainly look to be not cutting corners on finish if the press shots are anything to go by.
The Tannoy B6 speakers (£499) are a 2-way bookshelf speaker design and features a 1-inch coated silk dome tweeter paired with a 6.5-inch mid/bass paper and a composite cone that utilises neodymium magnets. A rear reflex port further bolsters the low-end.
The sleek design is maintained by the lack of any exposed screws thanks to the use of magnetic grilles.
Meanwhile, the F6 floorstanding loudspeakers (£899) features the same smart look, magnetic grilles and rear porting but adds a further 6.5-inch mid/bass driver into the mix.
Both the B6 and F6 are available in three finishes, Black, Black/Burgundy, and White.
We are awaiting more details regarding further specifications. However, the press release states that a lot of work has been done on the cabinet bracing to mitigate unwanted vibrations. Also, Tannoy states that the range produces a “Dynamic, articulate, and uncompressed performance [that] breathes new life into your music for a rich sonic experience”
- Modern and stylish 2-way floorstanding loudspeaker for medium to large size rooms
- Dual 6.5″ mid/bass drivers deliver great performance with outstanding dynamics
- 1″ high-frequency driver with coated silk dome diaphragm provides generous vocal and instrument details
- Specially crafted paper and composite material mid/bass cones produce unrivalled articulation and pristine performance
- Neodymium magnets ensure a strong magnetic field for authentic reproduction
- Custom designed crossover assembly extends Tannoy benchmark for excellence
- The rear ported reflex system enhances rich and deep bass reproduction
- Bracing enclosure greatly reduces vibration from the cabinet walls for optimal sound
- Front baffle clear of with visible screws allows easy removal of the magnetically attached grille
- Rubber feet minimize cabinet resonance and colouration
- The elegant white finish is ideally suited to even the most sophisticated environment
- Dynamic, articulate, and uncompressed performance breathes new life into your music for a rich sonic experience
- Tannoy – 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Tannoy B6 and Tannoy F6 Platinum loudspeakers are available now for £499 and £899, respectively.